Tuesday, December 10, 2002

And everything is moving beyond the speed of light. It's all going too fast, now, faster than any one human being can keep up with. Round and round it all goes, faster and faster and faster until nobody knows. I stand by the assertion that last Saturday was awesome. The meeting itself was fun, hanging with the gang was fun, playing Mario Party (and yes, even being slugged in the leg) was fun, watching Erin play 007: Nightfire was loads of fun, watching Greg get his ass waxed in Steel Battalion was fun... The gang is loads of fun.

Since then, things have continued to be crazy. We went to IKEA on Sunday and picked up furniture (tables and end tables, mostly), which we then built that night. We watched Tomb Raider that night. It was... blah. Then last night we watched Resident Evil (both movies on loan from Erin) and it was excellent (although I was still able to predict a lot of it). It also turns out I'm more cold-blooded than I thought, but you know what? I'd have survived just fine and probably would've gotten out faster than everyone else.

Tonight, 24 is on! Oboyoboyoboyoboy! Sorry, I'm giddy. I like the show. Call it one of my weaknesses. Then Friday I think Joe, Lara and I are going to go see The Ataris in the city (Erin, could you please please please tape Firefly/John Doe for us? *flashes his best puppy dog eyes* I'll ask ya when I see ya...), and then Saturday up to see Greg and Liz (with, most likely, the rest of the gang) and then Sunday I will rest. A week later I'm on a plane back for arctic weather, cold surroundings and frigid places.... Yuck. Oh well, the price you pay.

I realize I've been promising a Barrenhollow over the last weekend, but things got BUSY. I will make a post tomorrow, but no guarantees on how long it'll be. I'll do my best to get it sizeable, however. I'll do my best to give you something more sizeable to read in the future, but until the holidays are done, no promises can be made.

NOW PLAYING: OK GO - "Get Over It"
Lyrics: "Aren't you such a catch? What a prize! / Got a body like a battle axe... / Love that perfect frown, honest eyes... / We ought to buy you a Cadillac. / Hey! Get (get get get get) over it! / Hey! Get (get get get get) over it! / Hey! Get (get get get get) over it! / Hey! Get (get get get get) over it!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home