Wednesday, October 16, 2002

Okay, yes, I confess, I am an idiot. In retrospect, I should've turned around and realized it was 17 I was supposed to be turning onto, I should've called Erin and confessed I was lost, but I didn't do either of these things, and yes, I am an idiot, but I would like to say in my defense that I had not eaten, which is no excuse, I realize, but should be enough. Next time, I will call Erin and say "Look, I'm an idiot and I'm lost, but at least I'm calling this time, right?" I would like to point out that I have only done the drive twice before, actually, and that this was my third time doing the drive not my fourth. (I've been on this drive once with Greg driving, then drove down myself on Friday, Sunday and Monday was the third time.) But I will not make the mistake again and should I make a mistake, I'll call ya Erin and confess my total lack of direction when it's nighttime. (Strangely enough, I only seem to get lost at night -- during the daytime you could drop me into a desert with no compass and I'll have found a hotel within 20 minutes -- maybe my sense of direction is solar powered.) Every so often I have bursts of idiocy, just like everyone else.

I can't chat long. We're having a slower time around the office right now, so the boss has basically informed us that we should just compact what little work we actually have into a few short hours and then leave earlier. He tried slamming a ton of work on my desk on Monday and still didn't seem to have any effect, so I'm just going back to enjoying our light time while things sort of settle. All in all, I really like Maxis. The people here really have their shit together and make it a point not to overwork anyone. I like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home