Friday, August 30, 2002

So, it begins.

"What begins?" you ask.

My vigil.

"What vigil?" you ask.

"You ask too many questions. If you'd give me a minute, I'd give you all the answers," I say, before beginning my explanation.

You see, I fly back to the United States tomorrow morning (tonight for you guys), and I want to be able to sleep on the plane. I don't sleep well on planes, if at all. I also want to readjust to Pacific Standard time quickly, so I can have fun, and not be falling asleep in the middle of the afternoon. So my solution? I'm staying up as late as I can, taking a short nap, then going to the airport?

The reason? Right now, it's 10:45pm, China time. Pacific standard is 7:45am. You can do the converting from now on, the math is easy. This is not the usual time to be going to bed (unless you're Ed... sorry Ed...). So, I'm not going to bed. But I can get away with an afternoon nap. So, that means, I'm going to take a "nap". At 2 or 3am China time. And I have to be up at 5:30am.

I'm going to be soooo tired, but I don't know any other way for me to adjust. Melatonin will be my friend on the flight, but still, it's going to be a screwy night. I've already had a margarita tonight, and it actually helped a bit. ^^ Alcohol is my friend. I know about 8 hours into the flight, I'll be dying for a shot of *anything* and I'll be really sad when I realize there's nothing to be had.

And just to make things more fun, listen to this: I leave Shanghai Pudong Airport at 11:30am, August 31st. I arrive at San Francisco Airport at 7:30am, August 31st. ^^ Gotta love time differences.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home