Thursday, August 29, 2002

Okay, so sci-fi and not gaming, huh? How's this trip your trigger -- sci-fi AND anime all in one shot.

Click this immediately if you have high bandwidth.

Click this if your connection is flabby and slow.

So, The AniMatrix project is going to finally see fruition. For those of you who haven't heard, 7 directors put together 9 short films based on The Matrix universe (with some of them written by the The Bros. Wach themselves). Who are the directors? Well, I'm glad you asked. They include some of the biggest and best names in anime. Let's start with Shinichiro Watanabe, who put together this thing called Cowboy Bebop that you might have heard of. (Yes, I am a megaotaku of Cowboy Bebop...) Then there's Yoshiaki Kawajira... He did this thing called Ninja Scroll that I think a few people saw. And you've got Peter Chung. He tried this thing called Aeon Flux that was on MTV or something. And then there's the guys who did Robot Carnival, and the guys who did Blue Submarine #6... oh yeah, and Square freakin' USA did one, in full CGI. That's right, before Square films closed their doors, they did this thing about the Matrix. I mean, seriously, what more do you want? There is one guy who did something I don't know, though, so if you know what Takeshi Koike did, please let me know. He has one listing on IMDB and it isn't in English and I don't recognize it... I'd really like to know what he did, though, so if you know, please tell us...

It'll be out next year on DVD and video. And I will be there when they're selling...

HELL yeah...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home