Wednesday, August 28, 2002

You know, I realized this morning I'm in the wrong business. Sure, I make good money and I enjoy myself, but I'm not really committing robbery and getting away with it. And yet, there are two perfectly good industries engaged in highway robbery right now -- the banking business and the moving business...

So, let's start with the moving business. Moving businesses can basically charge you what they want, drop off your stuff when they want, make you pay how they want and then refuse to acknowledge your complaints and/or issues with their performance. Case in point, in moving back to the Bay from Vegas, they sort of busted some of my furniture, INSISTED I pay them in cash (and I was leery about handing $2k in cash to ANYONE), they changed the pickup day twice, they overcharged me for repacking things I had packed up already and the fuckers wanted a tip! Both on the pick up and the drop off! They also were drinking my pop/gatorade and they lounged around on my furniture. And I requested a claims form for insurance a month ago and still haven't even gotten the goddamn form! Grrrr.....

Even worse, however, is the banking business. These fuckers are sitting pretty. They work the shortest hours known, they charge you for talking to them, they charge you for not doing things exactly the way they tell you to and, get this, they can hold onto your money and prevent you from having it for almost a month. So, in relocating, I got all the money from my relocation back. A good part of this is a loan I need to repay to a good friend. And instead of being able to repay him, he has a check he can't cash because the bank has holds on not only my two relocation checks, but my paycheck as well!

"You're a new account, sir."

I went off on them on Saturday. "So, what you're telling me," I said, "is that I've deposited $8k into your bank in the last 4 days and I can't touch a dime of it for three weeks. Despite the fact that these checks are from Electronic Arts, the largest entertainment software company in THE WORLD."

"You're a new account, sir."

"Well the only reason I'm a new account is that your stupid computers don't have California and Nevada on the same computer network. I've been banking with you guys for over two years now and I'm starting to have second thoughts after all of this!"

*sigh*

As I said, wrong business...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home