Tuesday, August 27, 2002

Dippin Dots should be illegal.

Don't get me wrong...I love 'em. But at the same time, I'm sure crack addicts are in love with...well, crack. Wouldn't know, I'm not a crack addict. But today, while enjoying another block of "me time", I decided, beyond any reasonable argument, that I MUST have Dippin' Dots. Call McDonald's my enabler - now I don't have to go to the fair or some crazy venue to get 'em. So I go, barefoot, and wearing nothing but an undershirt and gym shorts, and drive to the nearest McDonalds to get myself my fix of the tasty treats. I spend nearly 5 dollars on maybe 8 ounces of ice cream (had to buy two things...just one isn't enough), and come home and devour it all in less than fifteen minutes while watching "Beat the Geeks". This is what I'm reduced to when I'm alone, it would seem.

Also had the pleasure of telling my roomates that I plan on moving out in a few months. It might be harder for others to relate, but since my roomates are all my best friends, and me moving makes things financially hard on them, it was a very difficult thing to bring up. Thankfully, they're supportive (if a bit apprehensive, but I can understand that). Liz and I checked out an apartment guide booklet, and there's a LOT of nice apartments around here for a decent price. Very encouraging. (Oh yeah, we're not moving to L.A. like we thought we were going to be....and I'm not exactly disappointed, since I love this area.) Also, me and Liz moving into our own apartment is really giving me the feeling of "Holy crap- I'm an actual, like...ADULT person now!" Not in the bad way, either.

Staying here also means I get to keep my easy money job. I like getting paid to sit on my ass all day. If only they had a McDonald's in Rancho Murieta...then I'd get paid to sit on my ass and eat Dippin Dots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home