Monday, August 25, 2008

Today was the day everything came off the rails, and right now I'm in a tiny hotel room, banging my head against a wall, trying to figure out what to do, because I honestly don't know...

Avri and I parted ways this morning, with him heading back to the states and me heading over to England, to meet up with a friend of mine... who never showed. So there I was, sitting in Heathrow airport for several hours, no hotel reservations, no place to stay, nothing figured out, no idea what to do. After a few hours, I finally just decided fuck it, found a hotel room (which is insanely tiny) and have no host to help me navigate the city. The cab fare probably cost as much as two nights hotel stay in the US, so if I end up staying here all five nights (which I'm not sure I can do) then I'll just catch a shuttle back to the airport and save myself, y'know, 50 pounds. Oy. Having to pick up hotel while being here is a big hurt, but more than anything, I feel a little bit rudderless. I was feeling better about having a native guide to help me manuever around and see the sights, but now it's just me, and I have to figure out what to do on my own. I suppose it grants me a bit more freedom, but I also feel like I don't even know where to start looking, how to get around, etc. Lots of crazy shit just sort of overwhelming me. I damn near through my laptop against a wall figuring out how to get this stupid pay internet hotspot working, and it's already pissing the hell out of me.

I'm sure I'll pull through it fine, but I'm reminded how much I hate travelling alone right now and I feel so frustrated I just want to hit something. There's apparently some sort of carnival going on in west London right now (which is where I think I am... Bayswatter area? something like that...) and so all the streets are ridiculously crowded and it's impossible to get anywhere. I want to do a bit of research on the internet, but y'know, it's going to cost me internet time to do that... oy.

Seriously, I'm at the point where I want to just declare London a wash and fast forward to Saturday morning so I can get back to Hannover and then back to the US. At least I know someone's meeting me in Hannover. I won't give up, though... I'm just having a dark, frustrated fit, which isn't helped by the absolutely insanely tiny room I'm in and the complete sense of total isolation I've got going on right now... Eyyuck. I think I'm probably just going to watch a movie (thank god for my laptop and its DVD player) and then go to bed, and maybe tomorrow morning it won't all seem so aggreviating and I can put something together, assuming it doesn't bankrupt me. Feels like everything here is so ridiculously expensive. Ugh.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home