Friday, August 22, 2003

Wow, one year. And what a coincidence, I'm once again out of the country, just like I was when we started this thing. ^^

*reads down* Dude, Dave, I'm the one who's supposed to be blowing things up around here... stop that! ^^

So, in the further adventures of "Erin in Switzerland", I've so far climbed up a small mountain, bobsleded down another, and been the main course for dozens of mosquitos. I was hoping to avoid the various joys of mosquitos on this particular trip, but alas, I am not so fortunate.

Seriously though, I've been having a blast so far. I really did bobsled yesterday, at a place a little south of Hühlin, where I am currently. We basically get onto these little carts with wheels and brakes, get pulled up the large hill, and then go careening down a metal half pipe, that turns and corkscrews. I broke the speed record for that thing, hitting 50kph, when the people said the fastest they'd heard of was 45kph. For those too lazy to do the math, I went about 32mph. That was fun. My co-pilot Sandra certainly enjoyed it. ^^

Also walked around the village of Rhinesfeld yesterday morning, which was quite fun. We went through the old center of the town, where the buildings were at least a couple hundred years old. It was very beautiful. The Rhine River runs through the town, and the other side of the river is Germany. We popped over there last night for Chinese food. ^^ Contemplate the weirdness of that sentence.

The one thing I'm feeling a lot while I've been here is a sense that I'm returning to my childhood. I spent two years growing up in Holland, a little north of here, and its very different from the U.S. Walking around here has been a trip down memory lane, and a sheer joy to be back.

There are plenty more adventures to come. And I really need to get off this keyboard. It's set up differently from our keyboards, so I'm spending half my time searching for puctuation, and the other half is spent correcting my typing of z's for y's. Pain in the ass, I tell zou.

Send e-mail! I hate not being able to talk to people, so tell me what I'm missing! ^^

Anyway, we're off to an old Roman ruin in a bit, so I'll sign off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home