Wednesday, March 26, 2003

So last night was a lot of fun. Sherrie, Christy, Cliff, and I went to go see Jason Mraz in concert at a small theater in Santa Cruz called the Rio. This would be the second concert I've ever attended in my entire life. I was surprised when I got tickets the week before, at the stack of tickets that were still available, since I know he's pretty popular. And I was even more surprised when we got there at the vew people there.

We enjoyed the opening act (Tristan Prettyman, a girl, don't let the name fool you) from some seats in the middle. But Sherrie and I didn't feel right enjoying a concert from a seat in the back, so we made our way up front with the crowd (which wasn't much of a crowd, by comparison of what I've seen on tv concerts...) and hung out until Jason showed up. Which was actually kind of funny, since he walked in from the theater entrance, rather than the stage entrance. He walked through the crowd to get to the stage, which I thought was fun. The hang out time is where I found out that Jason had been sold out in Australia, and in many other venues in the U.S., so I realized how lucky we were to get such a personal concert, and I was right up front for it all. ^^

Anyway, it was a great concert, Jason and his band were a lot of fun, and played really, really well. They were joking around onstage, and switching around the setlist. The sound guy was probably getting a headache trying to keep up. ^^ Jokes were told. Pot was smoked (not by us, but you could smell it wafting around). Bad puns were thrown around. All in all it was a good evening. The band were going to go to a bar across the street after the show, and I was tempted to join them, but the rest of the group was tired, so we headed home. I'm really glad Cliff found out about the show, and I'm glad I convinced Sherrie and Christy to join us. It was a lot of fun. Now I'm really looking forward to the Good Charlotte concert in May. ^^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home