Friday, March 14, 2003

Right now, I'm just sitting here listening to the sounds of rain and my own fingers typing, bathing in the low level wash of my monitor's glow, feeling the wind blow over me through the partly open window. Cars are driving by, cutting wakes in the water that's settled on the ground. There's that familiar smell of rain in the air. The chilled breeze is almost comforting, although it reminds me of other people. I can hear the people downstairs, listening to their music quietly, trying not to make too much noise. Darkness has fallen and it doesn't appear the moon will grace us with its presence tonight. Last night, there were moonshadows around. Tonight, only rain and solitude. And for just a second, the cars stop, the rain stops, the music stops, my typing stops, and I'm alone with the silence, sitting in the dark, kept company by a computer, and nothing more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home