Friday, March 28, 2003

Well now... over a week since I made a post to The Touched... that has to be some kind of first, I guess. So maybe I get to ramble on for a while about what's been going on in the Land of Cliff. It's been insane the last few weeks, honestly it has.

Reno was reasonably fun and interesting, even if I was the only one of the four of us to lose money. I felt so close to breaking even (or getting ahead) but I never could seem to get to that point, despite generous gifts from Greg and Christy to help me try and get out of the hole. In the end, I came out about $60 down. Not all THAT bad, I guess, but considering Liz and Christy both did very well, it was tough to take. Still, good for them. I'm glad to see my friends do well. I just would like to do well on my own from time to time. We met up with Cindy, one of Greg's fans, in Reno and she hung out with us for the day. Christy took off early in the morning for her soccer game and Greg and Liz drove me back to Sac, where we all met up again and Christy and I headed back to Pleasanton.

I got an email on Monday from a company here in the Bay that said they'd like to do a phone interview, but I haven't heard back from them since. I may give them a call today and see what's up. Not knowing bugs me. I didn't want to say anything on here for fear of jinxing it, but the fact that they haven't sent me an email back yet bothers me a bit. We'll see what they say when I call them. I won't say with who yet or doing what, but it would be a very cool job to have and I'd be very keen to give it a shot. Now I just need to convince them that I'm worth it.

The Jason Mraz concert was fun. He's got a good stage presence and he's playful in concert, which is good. Hearing "Our House" slipped into the middle of a song was a trip, especially when he could sing it in Spanish. I didn't care much for the opening act -- Tristan Prettyman. It wasn't that she was bad, but she desperately needed a backing band and she was incredibly nervous in front of everyone. With a drummer, a lead guitarist and a bass player, I think she could be pretty good. As a standalone? Just didn't cut it. But Mraz was fun and so that made up for everything. Christy and I enjoyed the show from about 1/2 way back, where we could sit and listen. It was a little like when Joe and I saw DJ Shadow at the Warfield -- I'd forgotten how much I appreciate being able to sit down and listen to live music. It lets me get lost in the music a bit more without worrying about people shoving me around. It was a relatively small turnout (200-400 people) which made for a nice intimate show.

I've been a bit meloncholy lately, for deeply personal reasons. I'm doing okay, I guess, but the whole unemployed thing thrown into the rest of my troubles doesn't make for me being giddy and happy 100% of the time. It comes and goes, like the tides, I suppose. I'm trying not to dwell, but it's not completely within my realm of control, really. Who knows... we'll see how shit turns out.

Anyhow, I don't want to ramble on too long, because apparently I do that all the time. And in retrospect, I've probably already rambled too much here... but that's me for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home