Thursday, October 10, 2002

Whoo...exhaustion. Just got back from dinner with Liz, her mom, her sister, her brother and his wife, her niece, and her sister-in-law's friend (I know, a motley crew, aren't we?). I think I'm starting to get to the point where I'm "accepted" by her family. It's pretty cool. Her mom even asked to see a copy of the sac bee article (I had saved a paper for her, since she lives in tahoe and it's tough for her to get a copy.). Fun stuff.

Man, I'm jazzed today. Last weekend Cliff and Joe got me a book on professional comic book inking (since that's what I'm going to be doing for this whole comic studio and all), so yesterday I went to the art store and picked up supplies. I got a crowquill pen holder with a bunch of nibs, a bottle of honest-to-god ink, and a few micron liners. (probably the least important of all of them, since the ink in these things PALES in comparison to actual ink.) So I pull out one of the bristol-board inserts in the book and practice inking today. This is the first time I've worked with real ink, not markers, and I think i'm actually getting pretty good at it. Laying down black areas is the best, cause I can just pull out a brush and slap some ink in the areas, and it comes out BLACK. I mean, REALLY black. Looks awesome. :D So, yeah. I think I've found my niche. I'm a Tracer, and I'm damned proud of it.

So, dammit joe, send me some pages! I wanna ink things! Everything! *inks a hot dog*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home