Monday, September 30, 2002

Yes, ladies and gentleman (and that other dude out there, you know who you are), I'm back.

*sniff*

And I brought a lovely cold with me. ^^

Anyway, I spent Friday through Sunday in sunny San Antonio, recording the next Gold Digger OVA. I'll give you the run down of the weekend's events.

Friday: Got to the airport around 6am. We had this paranoia that it would take me a long time to check in and that I should get there early. I was in the door and at the gate in 10 minutes. Right. So I was really bored most of the morning.

So I got to San Antonio around 3pm central time, and headed out the door, nervous that there wouldn't be anyone to meet me. And guess what? There wasn't. I wandered for a few minutes, wondering what I should do if no one showed up in the next few hours when I saw a guy whizz by me a little fast with a sign that looked like my name on it. I followed him and caught him, and it turns out he was from Antarctic Press. ^^ So that ended well. I spent the day in the AP offices, meeting everyone, talking, and socializing a bit. Went back to the hotel they got for me after awhile, and had dinner on my own (only in Texas will the steak at a buffet be better than a steak at a steak house...), watched some tv, then went to bed.

Saturday: Woke up early to get to the AP offices. Finally got to meet Fred Perry, which was great. ^^ I also got to meet all the other people doing voices, and they are all extraordinairly cool. The recording went well. We'd all go into this little, foam coated closet-type room, and do our job, and then happily exit the closet. ^^ After that was lunch (during which Bill Yarnell, the voice of the bad guys, did his best to make me snarf Coke), and then the afternoon was free. I have a friend who lives in San Antonio (Hi Chuck!), so I hung out with him during the afternoon, going to see the Alamo and the Riverwalk, and watching him play ParaParaParadise and DDR. There was a huge quantity of Air Force Airmen around, and the funniest thing I saw during my stay was two Airmen in uniform playing DDR. ^^ After that, we (all the AP people and Chuck, who turns out knows all the AP people anyway) went and saw the Tuxedo, which was a decent movie. ^^ Chuck and I hung out some more, and then sleep occured. ^^

Sunday: The dead day of the trip. I woke up, watched tv for awhile, then checked out of the hotel. Hung out with Doug (one of the AP guys and the voice of Tark in the OVA), and had lunch. We went to the mall, and I got a trinket for my housemate, and then back to the airport, for more happy waiting. By this time, the cold I'd been fighting bloomed into full coldy goodness, so I was sniffling the whole way back. Which is uncomfortable at altitude. Bleh.

So that was my trip. It was a lot of fun, I made many good friends, and saw new things. ^^

And now I recover from my cold.

*coff*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home