Monday, September 16, 2002

Alright, so someone asked "Are you having a lot of problems in your life right now?" The answer is yes and no. Yes, I'm having a lot of problems in my life at the moment, but no, I don't really want to talk about them with all of you. I mean, sure, there's some problems that I don't care if you guys hear about, but some of which are the kinds of things I only want to share with close friends, and even then, only if they really want to hear about it. Because, quite frankly, these kinds of things are not something everyone wants to hear about. Never burden your friends unwillingly. Heck, sometimes you don't even want to burden your friends at all.

Regarding one of the more complex and more personal problems, Greg said to me "Things all work themselves out in the end." And that's fine, I suppose. But I can ignore that problem, if I have to. I can keep it out of my mind for at least a while, which is a good thing. I think. Maybe. Fuck it, I dunno.

If only that were the only issue in my life. If only that was the only thing I had to worry about right now. God, if only...

Don't think things are all doom and gloom, though, because they aren't. There is hope. I have a small amount of hope that some of these problems will work themselves out. Or reach decent conclusions. Or at least find some sort of peace. I hope that my friends who are in times of strife will persevere and endure through their trials of hardship, much like I hope that I can endure through my own. I wish well to the people who I'm thinking of, hoping that they can overcome the adversities in their lives, much as I hope to overcome the adversities in my own. Are my problems as great as theirs? I wish I knew. We're all enduring different trials now. Some are of endurance, some are of resolve, some are of will, some are of sanity, some are of logic, some are of finances, some are even just of machismo. And I believe that my friends will come out alright. Because they're good people and good people usually do well in the world.

As for the rogues and villians like myself, I wish I could say I had such faith in our luck, but ...

... I will survive. Anything more, I can't guarantee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home