Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Reposted from Devious, for those of you who don't read there:

Just when you thought things couldn't get any worse...

Last night at around 1 a.m., my computer fired up WinAmp to watch an episode of Tilt that I missed. Then it froze up. After attempting to reboot it, I have found I cannot reboot my PC. It gets to loading Windows XP and then resets, after briefly flashing a blue screen.

It was late, and I was tired. I haven't had a chance to look at the PC yet, but right now, I'm assuming the worst -- that all Devious assets are, in fact, totally fried. Maybe I'll get lucky and there's some way to pull all of it off the database and then simply reformat. Maybe I'll get even luckier and there's some way to get things fixed without reformatting at all. Normally, I wouldn't be too worried about any of this, because I'd have my backup CDs to reload everything with. Except, of course, the fact that my backup CDs were in one of the two small CD folders that were stolen from my car over the weekend.

Seriously, folks, I'm damn near about ready to start crying. It's been one of those weeks where just about every single thing that can go wrong has, and I feel like I'm not only at my breaking point, but far, far past it. I want to break my hands against walls and scream out every minute.

I don't know if there's going to be a strip up today, but I doubt it. I don't know if there's going to be a strip up tomorrow, but it's not impossible. We will be back in some form or another by next Monday, even if I have to hijack someone else's computer, recreate all the goddamn Devious assets from scratch and start again. Technically we have all the strips still, but none of them in our high rez format that I keep them in.

I wish I had better news. I wish my life wasn't such an f'ing mess right now. Sorry if that strong language bothers you (as we've always tried to be a PG-13 site) but right now, I'm on the verge of mental collapse. We'll be back, guys, I promise. It's breaking my heart to do this to you. The strip means everything to me. We'll be back as soon as we can. Keep checking here, and I'll let you know when I know more...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home