Monday, June 16, 2003

So in the chaos that is my life, everything seems to have stabilized for a few days now. I'm holding up, albiet with some effort. Sherrie's gone down to L.A. having left Sunday morning after donuts (in lieu of breakfast) and Erin has moved back from Santa Cruz. My grandmother is being laid to rest in Minnesota this week, next to my grandfather who passed away several years ago. My grandmother had Alzheimer's and so she's been unable to recognize any of the family for some time, but another part of my already small family is gone. Eventually, my father will be the oldest member of the family, and the generation of my parents' parents will be gone. It's 2003, and my ten year high school reunion is in two years. My little (i.e. baby) brother graduates from high school in three years. Time is taking its toll on all of us, me especially.

On the good news front, a couple of companies are expressing a little bit of interest in my resume, so maybe there really is a light at the end of the tunnel if you buckle down and try hard enough. We'll see if any of them pan out in the near future. I'm trying to keep my wits about me and not lose my head, but it's been a long hard road. As I told Erin on Saturday, I feel like I'm surrounded by a hurricane and I've planted my feet in cement to try and stay grounded. As Erin reminded me, I need to learn how to bend so that I don't break. To that, I can only say that I'm trying. But I will survive. I survive everything else. What's one more disaster or two?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home