Thursday, December 19, 2002

We've got our big meeting coming up in 15 minutes and despite the fact that Mark (our current boss) has assured me that all is well, I can't shake this foreboding feeling I'm getting right now... maybe the foreboding feeling isn't work related. Maybe I'll get into a car accident. Or maybe the apartment is being attacked by zombies. Or maybe my cat has turned into a werecat (which would mean I'd have to actually listen to his incessant bitching...) Or maybe I'm just being paranoid. One can hope for the latter, I guess.

Tomorrow I get to take care of a few remaining things and then Saturday morning I get on a plane for Nebraska. I feel a little bad for Joe and Lara who can't get back for Christmas, but at least they're spending Christmas together, which is important.

Anyhow, I have to get ready for this meeting and hope I can keep my brain intact throughout it.

NOW PLAYING: The Afghan Whigs (defunct) - "Faded"
Lyrics: "If I go bad / From time to time / Love to love but love is not / My only crime / Bathe the path, shine the light / Better get your ass up on / The mountain, baby / I'll take you up tonight / Faded / This I feel / Behind the blue clouds / I remain concealed / Lord, lift me out of the night / Come on, look down / And see the mess I'm in tonight / You can believe in me, baby / Can I believe in you? / I wish I could remember what / You said, when I said / Enough..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home