Wednesday, December 18, 2002

Ok, hey guys. This is Lara. I think I know most all of you who post on here. This is my first time posting. It took me a couple days longer to get to this than I though, but dear God Two Towers was GREAT!!
Ok, so, last night after the movie, Joe & I were standing around with Cliff and a bunch of Joe's wo-workers. We were all just jabbing about the movie and some of us were having a smoke. Well, Joe had one his Five Iron Frenzy hoodie that I bought for him at a Cornerstone, 2 summers ago. a couple of his cowerkers were like, "Oh, I fucking lvoe that band!" so we talked about them for a while. **By the way, Joe has informed me that I'm a TERRIBLE story teller! Five Iron Frenzy is my favorite band and has been for years. I know the band memebers personally and they are great people! They were first to really introduce me to the music scene.** Well, I get their e-newsletter. The subject of the one I read this morning was: "Five Iron Frenzy says goodbye and thank you". They just wanted to let all their fans know that at then end of 2003, they will no longer exist as a working band. They are just going to spend the next year saying goodbye and thank you to people. I am really truly pretty confused and torn up about this. I don't know how to feel about it. I understand but part of me feels cheated, part of me feels empathy for them, part of me is pissed off about this and part of me is depressed. And then, another part of me just keeps saying, "They're just a band so why do you care so much?" Why do I care so much?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home