Friday, November 22, 2002

So, yeah, it's Friday, thankfully, and I can head home in a few minutes, where I'm sure I'll spend some time playing Metroid Prime, as well as doing some more edit work on my play (and maybe even work more on a couple of other top secret projects just in the starting phase). I may even write some for next week's segment of Barrenhollow, but we'll see. I expect it to be a bigger post this week as we start to really get into it. Just what are The Lady's Eyes (those mysterious "stones" that everyone seems to be talking about) and why does everyone have such big reactions to them? Ah yes, the joy of it all. I'm enjoying the feedback immensely -- feel free to rip me, though, if you think I'm screwing up. I'm aware of the dichotomy of the way Barrett comes across in the prologue and the way he appears in Chapter One, and it is intentional... I think it'll start to make more sense the more you see of the bugger.

It should be a manic couple of weeks, between seeing Erin's show again on Saturday (and fencing lessons), plus the DJ Shadow concert on Sunday night, and then fencing again on Monday, then Thanksgiving on Thursday. Thank God I have Friday off (although more fencing, but at least I can sleep late) ... and then Saturday and Sunday off. I'm gonna need it.

The Ataris are playing in the city in mid December, so that should be another concert at least a few of us go to. And I know that at least some of us will go see "Die Another Day" and "Treasure Planet" soon.

Sooner or later I need to get the rest of the Hellsing DVDs (I only have the first one), the third DVD of Excel Saga, the most recent Lupin movie (Harimao's Treasure), Vandread Second Stage Vol. 2 ... Christ, they need to slow down the flow of anime so I can watch more of it. There's too much! And there's a Bebop collector's edition with 5.1 sound! My otaku is showing! And the movie should be out fairly soon! And there's new series I want to try! Dai-Guard! Ys! I still haven't seen any Kenshin! GGGGAAAH! *Cliff's head explodes*

NOW PLAYING: Afghan Whigs (defunct) - "City Soleil"
Lyrics: "'How you like me now?' / My friend, he say / 'How you like the madness of Citi Soleil?' / Roll the bones and catch a fire / Join the triumph of the choir / Citi Soleil, Citi Soleil / I love to say Citi Soleil / Ooh child, I'll meet you, child / On the sunny side, it's alright, it's alright / No lies and no cryin' / It's alright..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home