Monday, October 07, 2002

Eh...I'd use Trillian, but I just hate the program...plus my systems is fast enough to be able to run 2 screens at 2560x1024 without the slightest hint of chunking anywhere... so why deal with it when I can just hack my IM apps and remove the adds and keep thier individual parts? I tried Trillian once though and I just utterly hated it...My ICQ list is about 400+ people (after trimming the list down from a much higher #) and the insistant AOL open close sound gets on my nerves damn fast and I just don't care to tweak Trillian when it's history keeping is sketchy at best (50MB database for ICQ rite now). Plus I've tried all the afor mentioned apps pretty much and didn't think much of em since they were more of a pain to deal with than I wanted to put effort into. Plus for those of you that don't know I will be switching to Linux or Mac (if the desktop image wasn't a big hint there) before I will EVVVEEEEEERRRRR ever condone the notion of me switching to XP (or the new Windows Media Player for that matter). It's only the begining of that silly little thing called "Trusted Computing" that anyone that knows jack about computers should know about and BE AGAINST!!! If you have no clue what I'm talking about learn more about computers and look up the words "Trusted Computing" and "Palladium." The companies that are for it only talk about the good parts (wich are far and few for the general consumer...mainly a benifit for big buisness/big brother). If your like me and too lazy to go find info yerself on it this was a quick one I pulled up with Google...

Paladium

Trusted Computing

TCPA/Palladium FAQ

*boucing off the walls ranting incohearently at 2am in the morning*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home