Sunday, October 06, 2002

Haha! I knew it was only a matter of time till I figured it out!

For those of you who care I've finally changed the GUI/shell for my Win2K machine and it's lookin pretty damn sweet! Bai bai Desktop! Bai bai most of my gripes about the Windows GUI...

Whats happening is that a good while ago I ran across a Windows NT4 box a while ago with a tweaked out GUI that rocked (ran better too) and have finally gotten fed up with my current setup you see on most any Win2K box. What I've got is a grand lil app that took me months to remeber it's name called Aston Shell...Damn beautifull what you can do to it. You esentially can skin any version of Windows from Win95 on up! It's got allllllll sorts of lil goodies and features that are just sweet. My recomendation? Go download it, install it, understand it, use it, love it (you will hate it the first day or so while you figure things out but you will like it if you your disatisfied with windows GUI). Pretty cool since you can essentially make your Windows System look like it's a mac almost flawlessly with a little work or the right skin.

Also on the downloading of new and cool stuff I downloaded Mozilla...Yes, yes...How do you spell Netscape? M-O-Z-I-L-L-A...But still...It's an open source browser thats pretty flipping cool...of wich I was turned onto it because of a friend here in Vegas from my hellish job. Now my main reason for even getting Mozilla in the first place was a really cool feature I WISH IE would impliment called "DO NOT OPEN POP UP WINDOWS UNLESS I CLICK ON A F#$%ING LINK TO OPEN ONE!!!" All other pop-up blockers I know of close the windows right when they open wich leaves some areas for problems to pop up whereas Mozilla doesn't allow them to open 50 pop-up add windows on your system just because the site owner feels like it. Plus Mozilla is skinnable too...I'm rather disapointed there aren't more skins out there for it so I guess I'll have to make a skin of my own for Mozilla and put it up (heh...another personal project I'll start but never finish...). But otherwise? I'm out! Link to my current system look wich is still undergoing change...

The desktop!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home