Sunday, August 25, 2002

Just to post details:

- Half the trees in Suzhou were either damaged or they fell down during the storm.
- Windspeed during the storm: 68mph
- Duration: the worst of it lasted about 35 minutes.
- We went to a local temple on the top of a large hill this morning, and not only did the wind knock down most of the trees on the western side of the hill (the wind was out of the west), but we found dead fish *at the top of the hill*, very far away from any water source.
- Many, many people were hurt, a few people were killed, and there was a great deal of flooding.
- This storm *only hit Suzhou* and fizzled before getting to Shanghai.

I'm sure there are more details... but I can't read the newspaper, so I'm going by what I saw during my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home