Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Cliff's thoughts on life:
Devinoch: Sometimes the satisfaction of doing it yourself beats anything else.

In other news, I realized today that listening to Pearl Jam will always invariably depress me. Not because of possible depressing lyrics, or bad music - certanially not bad music, Pearl Jam is undoubtedly one of the modern gods of music. But depressing because they have managed to write numerous songs about a topic that would involve a person's entire life. Sometimes it's a happy story, or a sad story, or a story of survival or long lost reaquantence, but the point is they have managed to create a story inside each song that would be fitting to a moment that comes along once in a life time (specifically "Hearts and Thoughts", which invoked these thoughts today).

And again, this is not necessarily a depressing thing in itself, but at times it seems saddening simply out of fear that I may miss one of these great experiences in life that they so elequently put to song. It simply amazes me that despite imcomprehensible/incoherrent lyrics, they can create music that compells me to such compassion that I will actually feel let down that I am not involved in the moment he sings about, and am instead sitting in my car doing nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home