Monday, July 12, 2004

Now Listening to: Owen - "The Ghost of What Should Have Been"

"What else in this room reminds me of you? / The windowsill with a crucified pit of an avocado still sits in water. / What else in this room reminds me of the relationship I've ruined. / The tables I made strong enough to hold your magazines, / but not your tired legs. / One more week in this apartment, / one more week of being haunted by the ghost of what should have been. / What else in this fucking empty room reminds me of fucking you? / An orphaned couch where I spent some long nights / while you went out with our friends. / What I wouldn't do to be a ghost like you, to be somewhere new. / To leave everything, / the way you left everything that reminded you of me. / One more week in this apartment, one more week of being haunted..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home