Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Okay look...

I know he was a popular president, I know people think he was spiffy and all...

But putting his picture on the $10? Let's get serious, folks. There are endless numbers of Presidents more suited towards that position, not the least of which would be JFK. Beyond that, though, there are more than a few people I'd put on that list before Reagan. I dunno, how about, for example, Roosevelt (take your pick of the two)? Eisenhower? Good lord, even Truman! This overgrandizing of Reagan is really rubbing me the wrong way. I understand he was liked by a lot of people, but with other more deserving presidents NOT on the bills, why are we even thinking about Reagan?

Fine, you want to put Reagan on a bill and move a president into the $10 position (remember, the big stink the Reaganites are throwing out is that Hamilton wasn't a president)? Put Reagan onto the $2 and move good ol' T.J. onto the $10. Let'em work their way up the ranks a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home