Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Thanks for the b-day wishes, I appreciate them. ^^

Unfortunately, I'm not really in the birthday mood. Something's happened as I've gotten older, in that days like today have sort of ceased to have their magic. I used to be excited for months for my birthday to come, and on the actual day, I'd be ecstatic. But today, it's just like any other day. I know nothing special will happen, I won't be surprised by anything, and it'll just be another day, except for a nice dinner with my family, and a few presents. And presents, while nice, aren't really a surprise anymore, with me usually getting whatever I put on the list my parents asked for.

I guess I'm sorta jaded. I don't care about my age, I know I'm as old as I feel, and I usually feel somewhere between 15 and 18. But it's lost it's spark. I'm just another day/year older, and there are thousands of other people out there who are having their birthday as well. It's just not an exciting thing anymore, and that makes me feel kinda old... like my actual age... I'm 23 today. My friend was saddened by the fact that I wasn't excited anymore, but the thing is I know exactly what will happen, what people will say, and what we'll do, so there's nothing to be excited about anymore. I'm at work, I'll get nice wishes (which again, I do appreciate), and I'll wake up tomorrow morning and the world will be exactly the same, and nothing will have changed. I'll still be single, I'll still have a job, and I'll still have all my friends. I'll have a few more things I'll have to find space for in my ever cluttered room, but overall, it'll still be the same world.

So, just not much to get excited about. *shrug*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home