Wednesday, March 03, 2004

I woke up this morning at 6:30am to the sounds of angry yelling outside my window, which had intruded on my dreams. I've been sick, but I manage to dizzily look out, to see two police cars, almost blocking the street, but the tree outside my window blocks my view of any action. All I hear is angry shouts. Eventually, a woman walks off, and the two police cars follow her around the corner up the street.

I drift back into a fitful doze, my minor but constant headache keeping me from full sleep.

I wake up again around my usual 7:30am, and realize that work is not going to happen today, so I curl into a little ball and wait for everyone else to go to work before I brave going downstairs to get the funnies.

The sun is coming into my room at such a beautiful angle, everything is glowing, so I grab my camera and use the bed to steady me while I take as many pictures as I can before I have to lie down again. I pile pillows up, and once I finish the funnies, pick up Under the Tuscon Sun, and enjoy an hour of blissful reading in a sunbeam, listening to the birds chirp, enjoying the fresh air from the now open window, and loving the descriptions of Tuscony that I'm reading. It's almost like summertime, the peacefulness that I'm feeling, and I wish that I weren't sick, so that I could go outside and enjoy it more.

I call work at 9am, to let them know that leaving my bed isn't really an option today, and continue on in my dizzy bliss. I hope I'm better later tonight. I'd like to cook some pasta for dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home