Monday, August 04, 2003

Just to annouce it, and so I'm not typing it out over and over again:

A last minute decision, due to discussion with friends and family, has lead to the purchase of a round trip ticket to Switzerland. I depart August 18th, and return the 9th of September.

The best part about the ticket? It was free. Frequent flier miles are gooooood. ^^ The second best part about the ticket purchase was the fact that the lady I was speaking with found a departing flight with no problem... but she couldn't find me a flight home. "I can get you there, honey, but I can't get you home!" I cracked up.

In other news, I got a stereo for my car, to replace the CD player that got stolen last week. It's a nifty little thing, and sounds much better than the old setup. I just wish the first guys I talked to at Frys were... I dunno... helpful. They didn't tell me anything, and they did all the paperwork wrong. I ended up having to go back and find someone else to help me, and with his help, ended up buying a completely different system.

Really, I've worked retail, is it that hard to be helpful? Really? I mean, I know customers are a bitch sometimes, but usually, if your nice to them, they're nice to you, and it all works out in the end. Even when they were demanding, I was always nice, and ended up getting raises because of it. And I learned a hell of a lot of patience. This is also a good thing to have in life. So all you retail workers, try being a nice, helpful human being occasionally. I guarentee you won't die of it.

I need a shower...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home