Friday, August 01, 2003

I'm in the wrong business. I should be scamming people from Nigeria too!

"Dear Confidant,

I came across your mail address while searching for
a reliable and competent person that would help me
handle an urgent transaction, which requires honesty
and confidentiality.

I am Dr. Kunle Thomas, the Accountant-General of
Nigerian Tourism Development Corporation (NTDC) in
the Ministry of Arts & Culture. My Corporation was
given the mandate to manage the events of the 2002,
Miss World Beauty Pageant originally scheduled to
take place in Nigeria on the 7th of December 2002.

You may be aware of the fact that the beauty pageant
was shifted to London following a violent protest by
some religious fundamentalists in the cities of
Kaduna and Abuja where the events would have taken
place in Nigeria.

Earlier before this development, my Corporation was
given a colossal amount of money by the Federal
Government of Nigeria for the purchase of equipments
to developed some tourist centres in the country. We
were also given a separate amount of money to disburse as loan to
Five-Star Hotels that requires
the renovations in the cities of Port Harcourt,
Calabar and Abuja

I and my colleagues over inflated the contracts to
the tune of U.S.$32 million, which is now in a
suspense Account with a commercial bank, marked “FOR
FOREIGN CONTRACTORS ONLY”. We want you to stand as
Beneficiary/Contractor that supplied some of the
equipments. This is necessary because as civil
servants, we are not allowed to operate foreign
accounts. Out of the funds, SIXTEEN MILLION U.S.
DOLLARS ($16m) will be transferred as first batch.
When this is honestly and successfully done, the
remain part follows:

I have mapped out 20% for you for your assistance,
70% will be for me and my colleagues while the
remaining 10% will be set aside for any expense
incurred by anybody in the course of this
transaction.

You are required to send the following immediately,
to facilitate the transfer of the funds.

1 Full name & Address.

2 Telephone/Fax No(s) and mobile if any.


I await your urgent response.

Yours faithfully,

Kunle Thomas."


Are there people out there who still fall for scams like this?

In case you're curious, here's all about the Nigerian scams...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home