Friday, December 13, 2002

Awaken gentle morning. Awaken new day. Welcome to your beginning. Each day is a lifetime, and treasure each one as though it were your only lifetime.

I'm in a good mood right now. It's been an excellent week. I got some thinking done. I got some reading done. I recharged my batteries. I spent time with people important to me. I've been having fun.

I know I promised Barrenhollow, but have not delivered. I told everyone that the holidays were gonna play havoc on the storyposts. I'll try and get another one out soon, but right now I have a lot of things to get through, and everyone's got some kind of conspiracy going to keep me busy and on my feet until I head back to Nebraska for the holidays. Not that I mind, mind you, because there's nothing better than spending time with your friends.

Joe, Lara and I decided we're not gonna go see the Ataris in the city tonight ... while we'd really like to see the band, there are FOUR bands playing at the show tonight, and we don't really know which one will play when. On top of that, it's a Friday night in the city, which means that traffic will be abysmal and we don't really want to brave any of that for 30 minutes of concert, no matter how cool the Ataris are. So we'll stick around the house and watch Firefly and John Doe. (Thanks anyway, Erin! Make sure you tape them for yourself, though!)

Tomorrow I'll probably run out and pick up some of the remaining Christmas presents I have to get. (My folks/younger brother/grandmother are taken care of. Erin's are shipping to my apartment right now. Joe and Lara, I know what I'm getting, I just need to go get it all. Greg and Liz, I have some ideas, but I'm still chasing them down a bit...) I spent a lot of time planning, but I also made some impulsive decisions on a few of the gifts. There were times where I just said "This feels right" and trusted my instincts. I'm pretty proud of the presents I got people this year ... I think everyone will be pleased and hopefully they will be memorable. Those are the best kinds of gifts -- gifts that are memorable and unforgettable. If nothing else, I think this year's gifts will all be memorable. And no, everyone, I didn't spend TOO much money on anyone (no matter what anyone thinks), and no, I won't take any of them back. So there! Bwahahaha! All warnings have been given in advance! You will be shocked! You will be stunned! You will be amazed! You might very well piss yourself! I take no responsibilty for that! You made the mess, you clean it up! Enjoy your presents! Seriously!

And then tomorrow night I'll be up at Greg and Liz's. Next week, Lord of the Rings, the company Christmas party (maybe) and then flying back to Nebraska for Christmas to see the parentals, the grandparental and the half-pint (yes, Squirt, I'm still talking about you, hockey bruiser or not...) I'll be there until Christmas day, and then the evening of Christmas I fly back to Cali. It sounds like Joe and Lara will probably be able to get me to and from the airport without incident... so I'll have to make an incident once I get INTO the airport... Just kidding.

Anyhow, time to wrap up. Actual work to do around the office today. And lunch should be had soon.

NOW PLAYING: Norah Jones - "Come Away With Me"
Lyrics: "I want to walk with you / On a cloudy day / In fields where the yellow grass grows knee-high / So won't you try to come / Come away with me and we'll kiss / On a mountaintop / Come away with me / And I'll never stop loving you..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home