Monday, November 04, 2002

You want drama? You want angst? You want righteous indignation? I must disappoint, I am afraid, as I have not got these things to give.

Well, that's not that I don't have these things to give so much as I choose not to give them to you. So yes, I have had a lot on my mind for the last week or so, lots of things that tax my brain and my soul, but they are not for you. Some things are best not shared, merely dealt with. So I have been dealing with them, as best as I am able. And no, they aren't the kinds of things you can get easy solutions for. Hell, I'm not even sure they're the kinds of things that have solutions. Do I want to talk about them? Not really, because it seems like I'm dwelling. I hate to be boring, and some of these problems have been with me for years, decades even. Maybe I'll talk about them with my friends sooner or later, but not with all of you. You deserve better than that. You deserve something more interesting, more intriguing, more engaging than me dealing with standard life shit. I try to be amusing with my posts, so the times when I just can't be bothered to be amusing, I tend not to post. Thus my week or so in mental limbo. The hamster wheel is still running full force, it's just that the glass to the cage is dirty.

Everyone in the crew has been fairly busy lately. Greg and Liz just moved into their new place, and I'm sure sooner or later they will post all about it, but when I spoke to Greg yesterday, he told me he was about to begin building desks, so they should be back among the online living soon. Erin's show goes up next week, so I would imagine that her rehearsals are getting more and more hectic, and I'm sure she'll tell you all about that sooner or later as well. She's also doing the logo for the comic book right now. The current draft looks great. Also in comic news, Joe has completed the first character sketch and started work on the first page. We have about half a panel done, which is a good start. Now to just deliver more kicks in the ass all around. Oh, and the name of the studio has to be changed. As it turns out, there already is an Anagram Studios out there. Suck. Oh well, I'm starting an email discussion about all the various names I think we can throw around and we'll see if any of them strike everyone's fancy. Then we can figure out some kind of logo for that.

Today's Monday, which means driving down to Santa Cruz to give fencing lessons, and it means I'll finally be able to see the first episode of 24 so I'll make some kind of post on that tomorrow. Oh, if you aren't watching Firefly and John Doe, man are you missing out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home