Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I'm game, though I'm not going to be as descriptive as Dev. My reasons for liking songs is rarely describible. But these are the recent listens, and are shaping my spring/summer.

1. "Butterfly" by Jason Mraz
It just entertains. Good rhythm, fun lyrics, and it's singable.

2. "You Ruined Everything" by Jonathan Coulton
I know he wrote it about having a baby, but it has other applications as well. Regardless, it's just sweet, with a nice melody. It also makes me smile.

3. "Love on the Rocks" by Sara Bareilles
I've become a huge fan of hers in the last year or so, and this song is one of my favorites. It's mellow, hugely reminiscent of Elton John, but a bit brighter to me.

4. "Caravan", Chocolat Soundtrack, Rachel Portman: Composer, Johnny Depp: Lead Guitar
I love this piece of music. Slow, swaying, and sensual. It's a rumba as well, and just makes me want to sway. I listened to it again lately, and I keep meaning to throw it up at the dance studio.

5. "One/Take 5" by Rodrigo y Gabriela
Honestly, I've just been listening to their whole album a lot, but this combination in particular is beautiful. Metallica and Dave Brubeck never sounded so good as when played on two acoustic guitars

6. "There Goes the Neighborhood" by Sheryl Crow
Funky, interesting melody, interesting topic, fun to sing. All I really need.

7. "Great DJ" by The Ting Tings
Ear candy. Good for dancing around the house and backyard.

Really though, my listening lately is the iPod on random. And the local jazz station. Anyone else?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home