Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The world... is a cruel place. [This post is dedicated to the Target girl]

So the night sky had come upon us. And the three musketeers were off on the adventure of their lives. It was time for dinner.

We set forth, not just for food, but for entertainment as well. Sir Cliff Warcraft the Gathering needed to own his own copy of the grand tennis game. And this evening was the time to purchase such entertainment.
We set forth on trusty steed cavalier to find the games arena down the street. Upon parking, we were soon to find out that the arena had nothing of interest for our heroes. The day began to look gloomy.
As stated, King Sean Final Oblivion the 11th had joined our quest, and it was at this sign of defeat that he rose to save his kinsmen. "Sir Hicks, we shall venture yonward to check the Target market". And with this we quested forward to Target in search for the treasure. And yes, it was there my point was found.

Upon entering the bustling market, many people were shopping for necessities. It was a place of commerce and the feeling of adventure was afoot.
Almost immediately my attention was caught... indeed stolen along with my heart momentarily. My attention was drifted abruptly to a girl (age of early twenties as Cliff presumes) shopping at a distance. My thoughts turned to how to approach her. How would I somehow connect with her and sweep her off her feet? Would it be commenting on her pleasant smile? Would it be as direct as to compare her warm beauty to the setting sun and her glistening eyes to the fresh stars finding their way back to the sky? Would I be yet more direct in clearly stating how she had taken my fancy so swiftly and how I would be lost without it? Or, should I just take the soft and subtle connection of I was wondering if you'd go to the gallery or see a show at the theater upon your convenience?

But no. Sadly reader, I admit to you in the most truth I've had all week in saying, no. None of this happened. You see her necessity, the article she was shopping for this evening, was of the swim suit variety. How does a man approach an extremely attractive asian girl and ask her for a number? A date? Her name?... while she is shopping for a swim suit? This was indeed the question of the evening. And to this question, answers are still being discussed.

Later, after searching forth in the land of lost Toys, we found Sir Hick's Tennis... but I did not regain my heart... stolen by a passing angel at the market.

Now... now I eat the greasy burger of joy to drown my sorrows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home