Thursday, August 25, 2005

45 minutes on the phone with Sprint customer service to find out exactly how many minutes (209) it takes for my account to go over my credit limit and pay part of the balance so that I can continue to use my phone regardless of the fact that I'm on a new billing cycle. Things I've learned:

Apparently it takes three people to get anything done.

A southern accent just sounds patronizing when the representative can't do anything.

Once the problem is solved, they want you to talk with retention to see if you want to sign a new two-year contract.

When you tell them that between this experience and the fact that your brother can't upgrade his handset because of their rules even though the phone in question is 4 years old and he has to go in EVERY OTHER DAY to a Sprint Store to get a new battery you don't want to continue with them, they're "very sorry".

I liked Sprint. I really did. I recommended people to them. But it's sad that when you have to call in to a company to find out that your account is over and then have to spend your time on the phone trying to figure out how to pay them, something's up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home