Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Whee, 24 days left till Christmas.

I don't think I'll be buying a lot this year. The lack of a job makes things a little harder (oh, that Microsoft thing isn't hiring until April... *sigh*), but now I've had to take my cat to vet for the second time in a week.

Last week on Thanksgiving, we had to take Niree to the vet because she decided to get sick all over my bed, for about 5 hours. Cliff, who had joined my family for Thanksgiving, very kindly drove, and after 3 hours, we still had a sick cat, only now shot full of drugs, a hump of water on her shoulder, and an expensive emergency vet bill. She was better by Saturday, but now, she's got an open sore around her rear, and I had to take her in again this morning to get things drained. Turns out not only do that have to anesthetize her and flush out the sac, they have to stich up the sore because it's that much worse. AND if that doesn't work, she might have to have the sac surgically removed, which according to the nurse, is a very risky procedure. I love my cat, and this will get done, but the wallet is starting to hurt a bit from it. I'm alright, I have money saved, but still, it's stressful, and not a happy thing. I just hope this works, and we don't have the problem again. I'll pick her up this afternoon after 4, and I'll cuddle her when she gets home.

It's getting to the point where I might just go over to Barnes and Noble to get work, just to keep my sanity. I've never had a really well paying job, and I'm beginning to think I'm not going to for a long time, but I'm okay with that. As long as I have the money to buy books occasionally, visit friends every now and then, and keep the ones I hold dear healthy, I'm pretty much okay.

But I still wish my cat were okay...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home