Monday, April 19, 2004

The monkey believes that if you want to be the man, you've got to beat the man. Even without the Admiral and with a hole in backup 1 (Speedy is missed, who steps up if Parker goes down?), the Spurs are still my favorite. Great team defense (Bruce Bowen, Kobe Stopper) and of course, Tim Duncan. Beyond them, I have to say I'll hang my hat on the T-Wolves if they manage to make it out of the first round, while you can never fully count out the Lakers.

Although... if Vince Carter getting his diploma disrupts his team, Kobe flying in from court in Colorado will definitely be a fat distraction. Let the Zen Master try to deal with that.

In the East, I like what the Pacers have done, but I can't see them getting past the Pistons and their addition of Sheed, his respectable shooting and AWESOME defense. You need a better PG than Jamaal Tinsley to make it out of the East, something Kidd has proven. Pistons-Spurs finals... can you imagine the scoring on that one? I'd set the over/under at something like 155.5, and that's being optimistic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home