Sunday, November 02, 2003

It's been a great damn weekend over here...

On halloween, I got together with my friend Tom. We went to lunch, then on the way out from there we were somehow drawn to the mall...and cold stone...then EB Games...where I got PSOnline...and it was good.

Well, we figured we should depart at that point...no need to spend anymore $...then Best Buy looms in the foreground...but we succeeded in staving off expenditure once again, only to be seduced by the buy 2 get 1 free deal on video games at Toys'R'Us. Splinter Cell, MGS2 and Soul Caliber 2 were to be had. And it was quite good.

Well, figuring that enough was enough, we headed back to his place and proceeded to scare trick or treaters, (the teenage ones that are usually assholes, not the kids), before heading out to my apartment. Once there, well, haloing was pursued with extreme prejudice. Kevin and David showed up, where drunken Kevin still managed to give Tom, the most lethal haloer, a run for his money. Kevin gets better when drunk apparently. Anyways, at 3AM, bedtime occured. And it was very good.

Saturday was fun, what with test driving cars (Lancer Evolution...love that thing) and then haloing again into the night. But this time, with a non-drunk Kevin, I actually managed to stay a little bit ahead of him overall, and even won a game (only a 10 frag limit by accident, with 2 lucky triple kill rocket shots). Otherwise, it was David and Tom sparring for top honors. More like brawling actually. And it was entertaining and good.

Anyways, after haloing was accomplished, we broke out the game so addicting that it is worse than crack. Worse than heroin even. My God Man, it's worse than Risk!

Yes, we played Settlers of Catan. We're weak.

Actually, it was a damn fun game this time. At first, I was pretty much getting the shaft in the way of settlement placement, but Kevin and David started getting distracted with buying development cards, and Tom was going for longest road. So what did I do? I started building. And building. One settlement becomes a city. Then another. There goes another settlement in, and whoa - now it's a city. Eventually, I had 9 points, out of 10 needed to win...and Kevin breaks out the victory points right before I can place the last settlement and win. Shit. I guess it was good.

NEXT TIME GADGET! NEXT TIME!!

So we ended the night with some episodes of Family Guy, farking hilarious. 4:30 was bedtime, with a good breakfast this morning and now I'm at the Union building on Campus typing this out.

And it has been very good.

"What's this? Blueberries! Oh, oh my G... oh, that's better than sex!" -Stewie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home