Friday, July 11, 2003

You know, in reading the CNN story I posted a week or so back again, I think I've come to realize I'm rapidly in danger of becoming a disenfranchised job seeker. I mean, I'm just getting pissed off and depressed anymore. I'm looking for work, collecting unemployment, trying not to lose my mind as day in and day out I call people, I email them, I knock down doors in an effort to get somebody, anybody, to give me a job that won't drive me out of my fucking gourd. I find myself getting frustrated all the time any more, simply because I can't get a straight answer out of anyone. And I know how the job hunting process works. I know an interview will suddenly fall out of the sky and two weeks later I'll be starting work, but goddamnit, I'm getting tired of waiting for that interview. I'm getting tired of sending out hundreds of my resumes to people who will never even send me a fucking postcard acknowledging they GOT the damn thing... I'm sick and tired of being stepped on because these people have a few dozen people just like me asking for work. I know I can do almost all of the jobs I'm applying for, and I'm getting sick of people not even calling and asking for an interview. I'm getting sick and tired of people just overlooking my name and my resume. I am, as the saying goes, mad as hell.

And you know what? It's not going to do me one fucking bit of good. All the anger, all the rage, it's not getting me anywhere. I'm just like every other unemployed person out there, trying to find some way to make ends meet while the world closes in around me and slowly starts to drive me insane. I'm running out of time, I'm running out of options and I have no idea what the next step is.

I just hope the next step isn't into deeper shit than I'm already in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home