Monday, March 03, 2003

It's amazing how one random little event can really mess with you all day.

So I got a text message on my phone this afternoon. This is odd because I *never* get txt messages. It was a 6 digit number, and the phrase "PLEASE CALL". I was confused. Who would send me this kind of message? But it became a puzzle I spent the whole freaking afternoon trying to figure out. Yes, I have no life, get over it. ^^

Anyway, so during class, my friend and I tried to see if the 6 digit number was a code of some kind, you know, a number for a letter. It wasn't. It wasn't one of those "flip the numbers over and they spell words" thingies either.

So when I got home, I started digging on the internet, trying to find something... anything.

But then I looked at a note I'd written yesterday, with the phone number of someone I needed to call. Remove the first number from the phone #, and tada! The number from my text message. Turns out, if you page my cell phone and enter the phone number, the number with the message "PLEASE CALL" shows up on my phone. She just hadn't hit the 2 all the way, leaving me with a wierd phone number.

I just wrote the word 'number' waaaay too many times. Sorry...

But the puzzle was solved. Not the exciting solution I was hoping for, but hey, resolution is good. ^^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home