Thursday, September 05, 2002

I have obtained... cubism. I am now in a cube. I am enjoying my cube. I am enjoying having walls which safeguard me. From things. Y'know. Thingies. Wassnames. People. I think tomorrow I'll bring in some stuff to decorate the cube with. Posters, my hyper clock, stuff like that.

I made cheesesteaks last night, to get myself prepped for the party tomorrow. I put a little too much garlic on the meat, but other than that, they were delicious. It was good to get my estimates back, as I haven't made cheesesteaks in almost half a year. Vegas really sucked the life out of me from doing anything creative. I just wanted to lie down when I got home. Things are much better here. I have energy again. I actually enjoyed cooking last night, which is odd, because I haven't enjoyed cooking in a long while. Tonight I need to get the rest of the apartment in tip top shape (the kitchen still needs some straightening -- the spare bedroom is just off limits) and I need to get mixers (juices, milk, Pepsi, Gatorade, etc.) and then I should be good to go, I think. Maybe I'll do some laundry tonight as well. Laundry would be good, so there isn't a MASSIVE pile of dirty clothes in my room, although I can't imagine a lot of people will go into my room, but y'know, I guess some people might, so I'll try and do some laundry... Tomorrow I take off from work nice and early to finish getting ready for the party (get the ouderves out, prep my cheesesteak gear, make sure the cat isn't tripping out too much... the usual) and then, party time! Greg and Liz will be coming down after work and Erin will be coming up that evening bringing Young and her brother Sean with her, so it should be interesting...

All is not well for my friend Joe right now. His job which was supposed to start Monday won't be starting this Monday, if at all. He's calling me tonight so I can talk to him and see if there's anything I can do to help him and his wife Lara out. Talk about the problems that grow.

Other than that, life is decent. My apartment itself is clean, which gives me sort of a Zen-like peace. The new lamps help too, adding soft light instead of those killer fluoroscent things in the kitchen. The living room is open and has a nice airy sense to it. It's a pleasant change...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home